Friday, November 9, 2012

Utilizing the Time apart.

Nick has a passion for languages so I decided to write letters from different countries.  I immersed myself into their culture by researching everything that I could find online using Wikipedia, Lonely Planet, Local blogs and National tourism website.

I downloaded stamps from Google images and re-sized in Microsoft word. Writing as a native was fun for me as much as it was fun for him to read.
Luckily, I have a lot of international friends that re-wrote the letter and send them back via email. You can also use an online translation application like translate.google.com.

No long distance love letter could be complete without a picture of yourself to your love. The photo shoot was done with a blank background, Photoshop was use to manipulate the images to make them look as though I was actually in the country.



                                          India
                                          France
                                          Italy
                                         Spain
                                         Russia
Each letter was accompanied by a bottle of alcohol made from the home country.
e.g I used wines from France, Spain and Italy, Old monk rum from India. and Russian Vodka.

It's been 3yrs later and I have almost 9 more letters to give him. :P
Always remember that a great love letter ask for nothing in return.



No comments:

Post a Comment